Astroscale U.S. Inc. is excited to open applications for our Summer 2022 Internship Program! We are seeking interns across space policy, marketing and communications, engineering, and business development & advanced systems. Each intern will work with their mentor to identify a special project to complete throughout the program. Previous projects have included engineering development models, creative videos, policy proposals, real-world revenue models, and more!
All summer internships are paid and nominally run from May/June to August; they may include either in-person or virtual presence. Please see below for descriptions of each opportunity.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your target department in the subject line. (Policy applicants: Please include a writing sample.)
Update: The deadline for Marketing and Communications, Policy, Market Analysis, and Proposal management has been extended to March 31, 2022. Engineering applications are closed.
About Us: Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
Policy Intern (writing sample required)
- You will support the VP Global Space Policy and Government Relations in mining, digesting, and organizing information on space policy, regulation, legislation, and best practices in the U.S. and throughout the globe.
- You may be called upon to create or edit documents and presentations as well as attend hearings and events on behalf of Astroscale U.S.
- You will also engage with student and young professional societies to support the communication of the issue of space debris and space sustainability.
Marketing & Communications Intern
- You will research, write, and edit marketing and communications material such as social media content, web content, press releases, scripts, pitches, etc.
- You will research and provide recommendations on new marketing and communications methods and tools.
- You will identify opportunities and support relationships with media outlets/personalities, marcomms-oriented student and young professional organizations, and other groups.
- You will support and improve media monitoring and databases, content calendars, and other PR management tools.
(APPLICATIONS CLOSED) Engineering Interns (Denver Office)
- You will work as an integrated member of the engineering team developing our on-orbit servicing technology and missions.
- You will support ground segment development, understanding roles and responsibilities, and providing potential ground segment architecture and design solutions.
- You will work with the team to develop and update the tools (analysis, simulation, visualization, and test) that support our rendezvous and proximity operations developments.
Market Analysis Intern
- You will work with the Director of Advanced Systems in mining, digesting, organizing, and analyzing information on the growing on-orbit servicing segment of the space industry.
- You will research and profile both start-up and established companies in the industry, identifying their role, strategies, and value provided to the space ecosystem.
- You will identify prevailing short- and long-term trends within the on-orbit servicing segment and assess how these trends could impact Astroscale U.S.
- You will discover how market analysis and business skills fit into and play a vital role in enabling a tech industry.
Proposal Management Intern
- You will work with the Proposal Operations Manager to support proposal management and writing activities, including analysis, compliance and content planning, and reviews.
- You will gain a practical working knowledge of U.S. government organization, procurement process, and nature of federal business opportunities.
- You will build a strong familiarity with the growing on-orbit servicing segment of the space industry and help analyze data to identify business opportunities.
Qualification & Skills
- Current student studying for a degree related to your internship.
- Coursework, training, or experience related to your internship.
- Fantastic communication skills: oral and written.
Please note Astroscale U.S. is a U.S. Government registered, export control compliant company, as such applicants should be a U.S. person or U.S. citizen.
Astroscale U.S. is committed to creating a diverse environment and we pursue and embrace a variety of thinking, beliefs, and ways of life that are international, open-minded, and inclusive.