Astroscale U.S. Inc. is excited to open applications for our Summer 2023 Internship Program! We are seeking interns across space policy, marketing, and business development & advanced systems. Each intern will work with their mentor to identify a special project to complete throughout the program. Previous projects have included engineering development models, creative videos, policy proposals, real-world revenue models, and more!
All summer internships are paid and nominally run from May/June to August; they may include either in-person (Denver or DC) or virtual presence. Please see below for descriptions of each opportunity.
To apply: Select your target internship on our Careers page!
Deadline: February 3, 2023
Note: Our Engineering internships have already been filled. Please reach out to email@example.com if you’d like to be considered for future opportunities.
About Us: Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
- You will support the Astroscale U.S., Washington DC policy team in mining, digesting, and organizing information on space policy issues, regulation, legislation, and best practices in the U.S. and around the globe.
- You will attend in-person events on behalf of Astroscale U.S. as needed (if DC-based).
- You will work alongside the marketing and communications team to project Astroscale U.S. policy positions publicly.
- You will design, pitch, and deliver a self-led research project relevant to Astroscale U.S. policy interests.
- You will research, write, and edit marketing material such as social media content, web content, and promotional print assets.
- You will learn the basics of SEO and help optimize company websites.
- You will manage the production of merchandise and other creative materials.
- You will prepare detailed promotional presentations and campaign plans.
- You will support and improve management of media & customer databases, content calendars, and other marketing tools.
- You will work with the Director of Advanced Systems and Market Analyst in mining, digesting, organizing, and analyzing information on the growing on-orbit servicing segment of the space industry.
- You will research and profile both start-up and established companies in the industry, identifying their role, strategies, and value provided to the space ecosystem.
- You will have access to industry-leading resource databases.
- You will identify prevailing short- and long-term trends within the on-orbit servicing segment and assess how these trends could impact Astroscale U.S.
- You will discover how market analysis and business skills fit into and play a vital role in enabling a tech industry.
- You will build a strong familiarity with the growing on-orbit servicing market and help analyze data to help identify business opportunities.
- You will work with the Proposal Operations Manager to support proposal management and writing activities, including analysis, compliance and content planning, and reviews.
- You will gain a practical working knowledge of U.S. government organization, procurement process, and nature of federal business opportunities.
- You will build a strong familiarity with the growing on-orbit servicing segment of the space industry and help analyze data to identify business opportunities.
Qualification & Skills
- Coursework, training, or experience related to your internship.
- Fantastic communication skills: oral and written.
- Submission of a relevant writing sample is required for the Policy internship.
Please note Astroscale U.S. is a U.S. Government registered, export control compliant company, as such applicants should be a U.S. person or U.S. citizen.
Astroscale U.S. is committed to creating a diverse environment and we pursue and embrace a variety of thinking, beliefs, and ways of life that are international, open-minded, and inclusive.